The nanoScan PET/CT preclinical in vivo imager offers user-friendly imaging and the broadest range of supported applications in one simple to use, high-end PET/CT system. The nanoScan PET/CT is equipped with an imaging technology that is widely considered to have most advanced PET and CT detector construction, data processing and reconstruction chain in the industry.
The preclinical nanoScan PET/CT ensures achieving the best imaging resolution as well as the highest sensitivity with unmatched image quality in the whole body of the animal.
Looking for exceptional soft-tissue contrast, and anatomical information obtained with non-ionizing radiation in the preclinical imaging field? Read more about our nanoScan PET/MRI.
Summary of Key Benefits
- Highest resolution PET subsystem with outstanding quantification:
- ≤ 0.7 mm resolution (measured with Derenzo phantom and reconstructed with Tera-Tomo™ 3D PET engine)
- Uniform resolution over the entire FOV
- Quantitative accuracy better than 97%
- Imaging capability for larger animals, such as monkeys with 16cm gantry bore diameter and 12 cm Transaxial Field of View (TFOV) in both modalities
- Open tunnel PET/CT construction
- Tail injection and blood sampling with animal in the axial FOV - ideal for dynamic PET applications
- Backdoor access to the animal with re-sealable door opening
- Fully integrated with MultiCell™, the complete small animal environment system to provide vital support functions to lab animals during the whole application process
- Integrated cardiac and respiratory gating capabilities for both PET and CT
- Standalone use is possible for each modality
- Fully compatible with nanoScan® PET/MRI, NanoSPECT/CT® and NanoPET/CT®
- Compliant with CE, DICOM, CFR 21 industry standards
- Compact and easy-to-use design
Selected Features for PET subsystem
- Superior PET detector characteristics: Physical performance matches animal imaging performance
- High-density, ultra-small detectors in tight packing with finest LYSO detector elements in the industry with smallest pitch
- Increased crystal thickness for highest sensitivity
- Measure even the finest details: Tera-Tomo™ 3D PET reconstruction engine brings PET resolution close to the physical limits with outstanding quantification and better signal recovery and signal-to-noise ratio:
- Features Monte Carlo system matrix modeling and Depth of Interaction correction; incorporates attenuation, scatter, positron range, random and dead time corrections.
- Reconstruction running on multiple GPUs (Graphical Processing Units) delivering shorter computational time
- Perform Acquisition and Reconstruction simultaneously with the powerful workstations including DICOM server and multi-modality display and analysis suite
Selected Features for CT subsystem
The X-ray CT alone is a powerful whole-body preclinical imaging system on its own right. Image the largest variety of species in industry including larger animals or a whole body mouse scan in one bed position. Offering a very large detector surface area and large bore with helical scanning possibility, variable zoom (up to 8) and high power X-ray source (up to 80W).
- Broadest range of CT applications: Ultrafast and ultralow dose CT with variable zoom up to 7.6x magnification to visualize even the smallest organs or in-vitro samples up to 120mm FOV
- Perform a whole-body mouse scan in 2 minutes - have the result instantly with 80 micron voxel size
- Closest source-object distance for in-vivo: extra small objects imaging
- Tomographic information is ready at the end of scan*: on the fly real time reconstruction is enabled by multi-GPUs (* for general settings)
- Lower X-ray exposure dose to the animals and faster data acquisition due to stronger X-ray tube, increased detector area, sensitivity and better filtering
- Fully automated calibration processes
- Improved safety functions gantry rotation position is stored, X-ray ramp-up and run-up are optimized to ensure prolonged tube lifetime
- Spiral mode with extended axial field of view of 30 cm for both modalities
- Accessability to the animal during scanning: Flat front cover with minimized dead area in both axial and transaxial directions
- Fully automated animal positioning based on CT scout; manual adjustment is also supported
- System is equipped with remote access possibility for service and remote diagnostics
- Safety switches are both in the acquisition and control room allowing immediate stop of the examination
- 17” touchscreen monitor on the gantry which allows the user to control bed movements, gantry rotation, positioning for CT zoom and positioning related calibrations and settings